..... life is all about perspective!!!! And everyone's perspective is different!!!! That is what I love about photography... It is a reflection of the inner ME!!!! I capture what I see the way that I see it.... and I love how others view the same thing so differently!!!



Saturday, February 26, 2011

abandoned.........



abandoned......

WOW!  Week 4 of my 52 week project with Nicole...  can't believe how fast that this month has gone by!  So our word this week is ABANDONED.  Be sure and stop by and check out Nicole's amazing work and her shot for this week too.  Can I just tell ya how much I LOVE this weeks word!!!  I am sooo intrigued by it!  It stirs a lot of thought and emotion for me....  The truth is this....  I am a freak for old things....  vintage, worn, antique....  someone else's junk....  what ever you want to call it.... I LOVE OLD THINGS!!  Could possibly be why I live in a 100 year old house huh??!!  :)  And the word "abandoned" evokes thoughts of all if this in me...  I am drawn to old houses and buildings...  and the old things that they contain...  they call to me!  And I always find myself with the same thought....  WHAT??  What was that old abandoned place like "back in the day"?  What happened there??  Who lived there??  What did they do???  I want to know the STORY!!!  My thoughts also turn to what is left behind....  a once majestic and loved home abandoned and turned to ruin....  beloved treasures left behind...  meaningless to those who might stumble upon them today....  where are the owners of all these abandoned things??  Who is left to tell the story??  I think about my own house and wonder what happened here??  who lived here??  Wishing that the walls could talk!!  :)  Soooo... my shot (surprisingly) is not from an abandoned place....  it is actually from THE ONLY untouched room in MY HOUSE!!!  Yep!!!  It is a tiny bathroom in the upstairs portion our "dream house"  aka "money pit"!!!  Rick...  BLESS HIS HEART...  has worked tirelessly on almost 2000 sf of ORIGINAL (100 year old original) space that we have upstairs....  With a complete gut and refinish job to be done up there....  this tiny little space is nonessential at the moment!!  So we just close the beautiful solid cherry wood door with the milk glass knob...  and hide this future project...  out of sight... out of mind!!!  ABANDONED!!!  For the moment anyway!!  :)  I actually do LOVE the character of this tiny little space and as with everything else in this old house... we will RESTORE it too!!  SOMEDAY!!  :)  In the mean time it made my shot for this week pretty darn easy!  :) 

3 comments:

About

My photo
I'm a simple girl, in a complicated sorta way.... love to buy shoes... but hate to wear them!! :) I am drawn to light!!! In life and in my photography.... it fills my soul.... it makes me happy... it takes my breath away!!! So welcome to the world inside my head.... captured one photo at a time!!! :)