..... life is all about perspective!!!! And everyone's perspective is different!!!! That is what I love about photography... It is a reflection of the inner ME!!!! I capture what I see the way that I see it.... and I love how others view the same thing so differently!!!



Thursday, February 3, 2011

here goes nothing!!! :)

well, here it is!!!  My very first blog post....  not really even sure why I am doing this other than I really wanted some place to showcase my photography....  I have really rekindled my passion for photography over the last few months with the Big Picture Fall and Winter workshop's (THANK YOU Nicole!!) and just don't want to put my camera down....  for fear that I won't pick it back up again!!  I have discovered some creativity in myself... which is something that I never really thought that I had....  Heck....  I can't even tie a bow and I can only draw those puffy little circle flowers....  so in my mind "creative" has never been a word I would use to describe myself!!!  And I'm not so sure that it actually applies to me now!!  I just think that I SEE things differently than most folks!!  Pretty much always have.....  ya know...  marching to the beat of my own drum here!!!  Shelly style!!!!  :)  So here it is!!!  The world that I SEE!!!  The one that exists ONLY inside my head!!!  :)  The photo is of a tiny... almost dime sized piece of sea glass!!!  The only piece of sea glass that I have EVER found!!!  I picked it up on a beach in Hawaii....  (YEAH for Hawaii)  actually found it the day we were leaving the island to return home...  after our 24th Anniversary and our vow renewal and right before Rick left for Iraq!!!  So yup....  it is SPECIAL to me for a whole lot of reasons!!!  And I love to photograph it!!!  It holds such simple beauty....  and such special meaning!!!  And it captures the LIGHT just right!!!  Sorta the way I try to live my life....  simple and beautiful....  and in the light!!!  :)

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful Pict. I have to say I admire you for taking the time to start this and then to keep it up (and I hope you do). It lets others see you in a different light also. I know of someone who has posted her entire married life and now into their 2nd child with a blog. I enjoy it so, keeping up with them and what is going on. Now with you, I hope to keep up with you more and be able to see a little more depth in you. (we all knew it was there). Thanks for sharing with us........Janie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess I am signed in as my husband (Brian) sorry about that . . . Janie Taylor-Locke

    ReplyDelete
  3. so great to see you started a blog - love it
    your photography rocks as I said in the Picture Winter class - great to see you in the Picture Inspiration class - dlcfoto

    ReplyDelete

About

My photo
I'm a simple girl, in a complicated sorta way.... love to buy shoes... but hate to wear them!! :) I am drawn to light!!! In life and in my photography.... it fills my soul.... it makes me happy... it takes my breath away!!! So welcome to the world inside my head.... captured one photo at a time!!! :)