..... life is all about perspective!!!! And everyone's perspective is different!!!! That is what I love about photography... It is a reflection of the inner ME!!!! I capture what I see the way that I see it.... and I love how others view the same thing so differently!!!



Saturday, February 26, 2011

self............


self.......

So I have started ANOTHER 52 week project....  this time with Big Picture...  called "picture inspiration".  That will give me TWO shots a week....  think I can handle that...  but I am pretty sure that I am waaay too obsessive for another "shot a day" project!!!  The subject for this week's shot was a "Self Portrait"....  YUCK!!!!  Not a big fan of posed pictures of myself....  hate them as a matter of fact!!!  So.... what to do... what to do!!???  I found this old abandoned house a few months ago driving around my neighborhood....  and boy what a majestic house it WAS!!!  It sits up on a hill...  a beautiful 2 story Victorian that has mostly been destroyed by fire....  nothing of the up stairs remains but a stairway to nowhere and the chimney stacks....  and downstairs there are a few complete rooms that have pretty much been gutted....  but this AMAZING staircase remains....  almost untouched!!!  I find the detail and workmanship to be breathtaking in old houses....  such long lasting beauty!  Beauty hidden by the shell of a burned out old house that has long since been forgotten.  And I have become obsessed with this old house.... find myself there a few times a week with my camera...  so I thought that it was a great place for my "self" shot!!  I am in love with the streams of light breaking in through the cracks and openings of the almost nonexistent ceiling....  and although the staircase is old and weathered there is still such beauty in its details!!  So....  here I am....  kinda like this old house....  old.... weathered.... but if you look close.... beyond the peeling paint and cracks....  hopefully you will see some great old bones....  some beautiful details!!!  :)

4 comments:

  1. How beautiful! What a wonderful analogy - not that you're old or peeling paint, but I knew what you meant. Quite inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your words are just as inspiring as your photographs girl! This is perfectly in line with our word for the week as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love this shot - you ROck!! love your blog and photography

    ReplyDelete

About

My photo
I'm a simple girl, in a complicated sorta way.... love to buy shoes... but hate to wear them!! :) I am drawn to light!!! In life and in my photography.... it fills my soul.... it makes me happy... it takes my breath away!!! So welcome to the world inside my head.... captured one photo at a time!!! :)