..... life is all about perspective!!!! And everyone's perspective is different!!!! That is what I love about photography... It is a reflection of the inner ME!!!! I capture what I see the way that I see it.... and I love how others view the same thing so differently!!!



Saturday, July 30, 2011

....indulge..........


let them eat cake...............

This week's word for Nicole and I is INDULGE!!!!!  By definition indulge means to allow oneself to enjoy the pleasure of.....  what the definition left out was the word OCCASIONALLY!!!  :)  And there should be something near the word indulge explaining the difference between it and the word OVER-indulge!!!  heeheehee!!!  Ya see... I am an all or nothing kinda girl when it comes to most things......  especially yummy treats!!!  Yep....  I'm the one who eats an entire bag of oreos in 24 hrs just so they won't be around to tempt me anymore....  profound logic huh!!!  :)  A few years ago I really took a long look at my life....  my eating habits.... spending habits.... the way that I used my time.... and I discovered that I was very lacking in (not really self-control) but reason!!!  I never really took the time to reason with myself about my indulgences!!!  Do I really NEED a whole bag of oreos???  I think not!!!  And how will I feel if I eat a whole bag of oreos???  That old familiar guilty "I'm a big fat loser" feeling!!!  YUCK!!!  Hate that feeling!!!  And the same with THINGS that I buy....  do I really need ANOTHER pair of shoes....  (maybe...  if their REALLY cute!!  heehee)  But seriously....  there is a fine line between indulging and overindulging!!!  And when we don't recognize that something good is eventually turned into something that makes us feel bad.... guilty....:(
So.... I have really made a point to not indulge everyday....  and to savor and appreciate my indulgences!!!  When I see something on the store shelf that I think I want.... I reason with myself.... do I also NEED it???  hummm....  and chances are...  the answer is NOPE!!!  Same way with my yummy little sweet tooth indulgences....  I keep NOTHING tempting in my house.... (my poor hubby!!!...  but I do keep things around for him that HE likes...  and that I DON'T like!!!  :).... like fig newtons.... yuck!!!)  That way I have to really reason my indulgences....  Do I want a brownie so bad that I will get in my car and drive to the store for it????  And do I need a whole pan of brownies or just one little brownie????   And how many miles will I have to run AFTER I eat that stinkin thing????  And da da dada....  I have just places VALUE on that indulgence!!!  My shot this week is of this YUMMY little pettifor........  picked it up at my local grocery store and got the very familiar question from the bakery counter girl...  "just one?"....  yep just ONE!!!!  And trust me it was equally beautiful and YUMMY!!!!!  :)  I must also admit that I bought a TINY TINY TINY container of Ben and Jerry's Double Chocolate Brownie ice cream and some maraschino cherries....  I DID use them for a shot too.... and I DID eat them all up!!!  :)  And I will be running an extra mile today!!!  :)  It's all about balance people!!!  heehehehee!!!  :)  Be sure to check out Nicole's shot for this week too!!!

1 comment:

About

My photo
I'm a simple girl, in a complicated sorta way.... love to buy shoes... but hate to wear them!! :) I am drawn to light!!! In life and in my photography.... it fills my soul.... it makes me happy... it takes my breath away!!! So welcome to the world inside my head.... captured one photo at a time!!! :)