..... life is all about perspective!!!! And everyone's perspective is different!!!! That is what I love about photography... It is a reflection of the inner ME!!!! I capture what I see the way that I see it.... and I love how others view the same thing so differently!!!



Thursday, July 14, 2011

....familiar.......


In all the world, there is no heart for me like yours. In all the world, there is no love for you like mine.....


The word for Nicole and I this week is FAMILIAR!!  For me familiar is one of those words that makes you feel all warm inside....  it is a comfortable word!  But not a word that is so easily captured in a photograph!   Familiar.... common.... everyday.... intimate....  the familiar things in my life are sometimes overlooked.... expected.... taken for granted.  Tucked in the back of my mind until something reminds me of how important they are to me....  a familiar scent that catches my attention.... reminding me of the way my grandmother's house used to smell....  a familiar laugh in a crowd.... bringing a flood of memories as I am reminded of my Poppa and how his roar of a laugh would make everyone in the room laugh too!!  The familiar feeling of the cool grass under my feet....  taking me back to my childhood and endless summer nights spent playing hide-n-go-seek and chasing lightening bugs!!!  We need the familiar things.... they remind us of where we came from.... of what is truly important in our lives!!  My shot this week is of my most favorite familiar thing!!!  My guy!!! :)  A few years ago we spent 6 months apart....  was the absolute hardest thing that I have EVER done!  And during that time.... the most important "familiar things" in my life were gone....  things that I had taken for granted.... important little things.... like the smell of his cologne.... the sound of his voice.... the familiar "feeling" of his presence when I would walk into the house.... but the thing that I missed the most was his touch!  I missed sitting on the couch at the end of the day.... holding hands and talking.... I missed how his touch would remind me that I was safe....  that I was loved!  And in the absence of his touch I realized just how important  this simple little "familiar thing" is in my life!!!  His touch is comforting.... warm.... protecting.... intimate.... FAMILIAR!!!  With just a single touch I know that everything is gonna be alright!!  It is my BEST thing!!!  :)   And I don't want to every live another day without it!!! 

Be sure to head over and check out Nicole's shot for this week too.

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad we are "familiar" and I LOVE YOU THE MOST-EST!!!


    Rick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh you two, I'm a soppy teary mess now. This is wonderful. I celebrate your love.
    Pam/Fishgirl

    ReplyDelete

About

My photo
I'm a simple girl, in a complicated sorta way.... love to buy shoes... but hate to wear them!! :) I am drawn to light!!! In life and in my photography.... it fills my soul.... it makes me happy... it takes my breath away!!! So welcome to the world inside my head.... captured one photo at a time!!! :)