..... life is all about perspective!!!! And everyone's perspective is different!!!! That is what I love about photography... It is a reflection of the inner ME!!!! I capture what I see the way that I see it.... and I love how others view the same thing so differently!!!



Thursday, December 1, 2011

..........fragile..................



Never allow anyone to rain on your parade and thus cast a pall of gloom and defeat on the entire day. Remember that no talent, no self-denial, no brains, no character, are required to set up in the fault-finding business. Nothing external can have any power over you unless you permit it. Your time is too precious to be sacrificed in wasted days combating the menial forces of hate, jealously, and envy. Guard your fragile life carefully. Only God can shape a flower, but any foolish child can pull it to pieces.............


Last weeks word for Nicole and I was FRAGILE.....  and I'm blaming the whole late post thing on the Thanksgiving holiday!!!!  :)  I was busy cooking up the turkey that the UPS man delivered to my house (best thing that I EVER discovered was the the UPS man would deliver my Honeybaked turkey right to my stinkin door!!!!  WOOT!!!)  and I was running around like a headless turkey myself!!!  Note to self.....  December marathons may not be such a good idea.... BECAUSE.... ya gotta train for them!!!  Yep....  this time of year I always find myself overwhelmed and pressed for TIME....  so making time for 2-4 hour long runs is a little tough.... and stressful!!!!  Sooooo.... I found fragile to be a pretty self describing word.... and very fitting for how I feel around this time of the year.....  If you know me.... you know that I REALLY try to keep myself focused and on task and 95% of the time I manage....  in my own weird kinda way to do so!!!  BUT then there is that other 5%....  that moment when I become frayed and stressed beyond my limit....  that moment when everything that I have worked so hard to keep together just unravels and I feel exposed.... out of control.... fragile!!!!  And in that moment of vulnerability.... when most would melt into a puddle....  those closest to me witness me loosing my mind FIRST....  THEN I melt into a puddle!!!!  YEP....  before I succumb to the fragile side of myself....  I generally ALWAYS go full blown Linda Blair!!!  And after 45 (I am 45 right Rick???) years of being me and trying to figure out WHY I do some of the JACKED UP things that I do, I have decided that the the crazy psycho moment.... just before I wilt and cry.... is my weird silly way of trying NOT to show my fragile side....  my way of not giving in to what I see as a weakness!!!  CRAZY RIGHT!!???  and because of that... "fragile Shelly" only comes out at the end of a loooooong argument.... or alone in a dark room late at night.......  or on a REALLY LOOOONG RUN!!!  (hey....  maybe December marathons are a good idea after all!!!  :)  )  The above quote really spoke to me on sooooo many levels!!!  You know... without even trying or wanting to know... that some folks are FRAGILE.... and NOT in a good way!!!  They are the eternal dark cloud....  the giant wet blanket....  and they want you to be just as broken and miserable as they are!!!  "NOTHING external can have power over you unless you permit it"!!!  WOW... now THAT is profound!!!  What I have found is that these folks who scream to the top of their lungs about how terrible their life is and are professional singers of the "oh poor pitiful me" song NEVER stop for a second to realize that the folks who appear to have it all together....  are dealing with their own issues....   Yep..... we are quietly navigating the peaks and valleys of our own life.... even while enduring the emotional hijacking so selfishly inflicted by others!!!!  And just like the little flower bud in my shot (gotta love a Knockout rose bush that is blooming in November!!) we guard our fragile life CAREFULLY!!!!  with layers and layers and layers we protect our fragile side......  exposing it only when necessary and only to those who are closest to us!!!   But just because we prefer to keep our weak moments private ones doesn't mean that we don't have them!!! Soooo..... now that I think that I have this whole "fragile Shelly" thing figured out....  I'm gonna work on embracing the fact that it's okay to have a fragile moment......  OCCASIONALLY!!!!  :)  And I'm gonna work on omitting the whole Linda Blair thing BEFORE the fragile thing and see how that goes!!!!  I'm sure that my VERY tolerant husband would appreciate that!!!!!  :)  :)  :)  nothing like a little photo blogging to identify areas for self improvement huh!!!!  :)  be sure to head on over and check out Nicole's shot for this week too!!!!


1 comment:

  1. YES! Your husband would REALLY APPRECIATE if Ol' Linda moved the HELL out...REALLY...move the "HELL" out!!! (I crack myself up sometimes)...love the picture...looks like something from a magazine!!

    ReplyDelete

About

My photo
I'm a simple girl, in a complicated sorta way.... love to buy shoes... but hate to wear them!! :) I am drawn to light!!! In life and in my photography.... it fills my soul.... it makes me happy... it takes my breath away!!! So welcome to the world inside my head.... captured one photo at a time!!! :)