..... life is all about perspective!!!! And everyone's perspective is different!!!! That is what I love about photography... It is a reflection of the inner ME!!!! I capture what I see the way that I see it.... and I love how others view the same thing so differently!!!



Wednesday, December 7, 2011

.........purpose............


we join souls for a purpose far greater than our own..................

This weeks word for Nicole and I is purpose.......  I think that there are sooo many layers to the definition of this word....  It's a pretty intriguing word!!!  But the thing that keeps coming to mind is.....  what is MY purpose in this life!!!???  And what I find most intriguing is that I've never really been sure what my purpose in this life was???!!!  Nope....  when I was little I didn't dream of going to the moon or finding a cure for some disease....  I don't even really recall what I wanted to be "when I grew up"!!!!  I mean I think I wanted to be a movie star..... but didn't we all???  :)  And I have never really struggled with the fact that I really just don't have a clear idea of my purpose....  nope.....  I have ALWAYS been perfectly content with just seeing what each new day brings and going with it!!!  Now.... don't get me wrong.....  once I set my mind to something.... well.... look out....  I take great pride in finishing what I start.... in reaching my goals..... once I decide what they are!!!  :)  And that's where Rick comes into the picture........  he can talk me into pretty much anything!!!!  Example....  about 2 years ago I started running....  to drop a little weight.... clear my head....  get healthy!!!  And I would have been perfectly content running my little 3-5 mile neighborhood route forever!!!  :)  BUT NO!!!!  Rick comes up with the idea that we should run a Half Marathon.....  now I had NEVER run a race.... much less a 13.1 MILE race!!!  But he convinced me that I could do it..... yep.... he talked me into it!!!  He created a goal for me that I would have NEVER created for myself!!!   He helped me find purpose in something as simple as running!!!  and HOLY COW.... that is just one example of way too many to talk about!!!!  So....  when I started thinking about this word and what it means to me.... well....  HE was what I thought of first!!!  It's not really that he gives me purpose.....  it's that he kinda points me in the right direction!!!  :)  Yep.... I believe that my purpose is to LIVE.... LAUGH.... and LOVE my way through this life with my guy!!!!  I believe that God sent him to me... on purpose (heeheehee)....  to help me be the person that I was meant to be.......  to help me step outside of what is safe and comfortable......  and no matter what life may throw my way.... I know that he will be by my side....  and that we will find our purpose in each day of this life.... together!!!!  Be sure to head over and check out Nicole's shot for this week too!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About

My photo
I'm a simple girl, in a complicated sorta way.... love to buy shoes... but hate to wear them!! :) I am drawn to light!!! In life and in my photography.... it fills my soul.... it makes me happy... it takes my breath away!!! So welcome to the world inside my head.... captured one photo at a time!!! :)