..... life is all about perspective!!!! And everyone's perspective is different!!!! That is what I love about photography... It is a reflection of the inner ME!!!! I capture what I see the way that I see it.... and I love how others view the same thing so differently!!!



Wednesday, June 15, 2011

.... weathered............



Everything about him was old except his eyes and they were the same color as the sea and were cheerful and undefeated

This week mine and Nicole's word is WEATHERED.....  and I have to confess that my shot for this week is a cheat!!  :(  I did attempt a current shot for this week but nothing compared (in my mind) to THIS shot!!!  So THIS shot it is!!!  :)  Let me start by saying that I really have a passion for photographing street people.....  they are so authentic... raw.... baring their souls to those who would care to listen....  and I am drawn to their untold story....  and they all have one...  a story that is!!!  They are a walking reflection of a weathered life....  perhaps a life filled with struggles....  hardships....  sadness or pain...  when I see them I am never really sure why they are there.... on the street.... but their weathered face and hands silently speak  of a hard life....  and I am intrigued!!  What brought them to this place....  and while I do feel a certain sense of sadness for them.... I also, through my camera lens, see a simple peace in each of them....   and even though  I can never quit put my finger on that sense of peace that I capture in each of them, I know THAT is what draws me to each and every one that I photograph...  This fellow is a homeless man in Key West....  and when I saw him... I was drawn to the light on his face and beard.....  he sat quietly....  never asked for a dime....  in the warm ocean breeze....  his skin weathered by time....  by the sun.... by life....    he seemed so at peace.... this  weathered old man...  silently telling his story without speaking a word.

 Be sure to head over and check out Nicole's shot this week....  sorry for the cheat girl....  PROMISE I'll post a current shot next week!!!  :)  PS... welcome back!!!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About

My photo
I'm a simple girl, in a complicated sorta way.... love to buy shoes... but hate to wear them!! :) I am drawn to light!!! In life and in my photography.... it fills my soul.... it makes me happy... it takes my breath away!!! So welcome to the world inside my head.... captured one photo at a time!!! :)