..... life is all about perspective!!!! And everyone's perspective is different!!!! That is what I love about photography... It is a reflection of the inner ME!!!! I capture what I see the way that I see it.... and I love how others view the same thing so differently!!!



Friday, May 6, 2011

....green......


"Green is the prime color of the world, and that from which its loveliness arises."
 Pedro Calderon de la Barca
Soooo....  this weeks word for Nicole and I is GREEN!!!  Be sure to check out Nicole's shot of green too!!!  YIKES!!!  I have to say that this weeks word was a tough one for me....  not because I couldn't find anything green....  heck green is EVERYWHERE....  just that green is my second least favorite color!!!  I HATE ORANGE.... that is my #1...  but green and purple have always been tied for #2!!!  :)  So with all that being said I decided to try to figure out WHY I don't like the color green....  turns out that I really don't mind the COLOR green at all....  it is the FLAVOR of green things that I don't like!!!  :)  Yep....  the green lifesaver's were ALWAYS left uneaten from my roll!!!  And green kool-aide....  not for this girl!!!  So with the discovery that the color green might not be so bad after all, I decided to do a little research on the good ol color green....  and THIS is what I found:

The natural greens, from forest to lime, are seen as tranquil and refreshing, with a  natural balance of cool and warm (blue and yellow) undertones.

Green is considered the color of peace and ecology. 

Green occupies more space in the spectrum visible to the human eye than most colors, and is second only to blue as a favorite color.

 Green also affects us physically....  it soothes, relaxes mentally, as well as physically, helps alleviate depression, nervousness, and anxiety and offers a sense of renewal, self-control, and harmony!!! 

Green is the color of the Heart Chakra.  This chakra is located at the center of the chest area and is linked to the heart, lungs, circulatory system, cardiac plexus, and the complete chest area.  The Heart Chakra bridges the gap between the physical and spiritual worlds. Opening the Heart Chakra allows a person to love more, empathize, and feel compassion. And I LOVE the HEART CHAKRA....  just never knew that it was symbolized by green!!! 

Green is used worldwide to represent safety.

Green is the color of Venus, the Roman goddess of love and beauty.  WOOT!!! 

Green was the favorite color of George Washington, the first President of the United States. 

The color green signifies mystical or magical properties in the stories of King Arthur. (can't believe that I didn't know THAT ONE!!!)

Green is the color used for night-vision goggles because the human eye is most sensitive to and able to discern the most shades of that color.  Now WHY didn't I already know that!!!!  :) 

Green is the color of absinthe.....  thus the term GREEN fairy!!!  :) 

Kermit the Frog is green!! 

And so are margaritas!!  :) 

and GREEN MEANS GO....  and that is one of my favorite things in the world to do!!!  Soooo....  maybe green isn't so bad after all!!!  BUT.....  I'm still not eating the green lifesavers!!!!  :)



 

1 comment:

  1. I too do not like to eat things that are green but if you were to ask me what my favorite color is I say "green". Now I know why! Hahaha! Shelly you continue to mesmerized me with your talents. Makes a mama proud!

    ReplyDelete

About

My photo
I'm a simple girl, in a complicated sorta way.... love to buy shoes... but hate to wear them!! :) I am drawn to light!!! In life and in my photography.... it fills my soul.... it makes me happy... it takes my breath away!!! So welcome to the world inside my head.... captured one photo at a time!!! :)