..... life is all about perspective!!!! And everyone's perspective is different!!!! That is what I love about photography... It is a reflection of the inner ME!!!! I capture what I see the way that I see it.... and I love how others view the same thing so differently!!!



Friday, April 22, 2011

.....romantic.......

I could search my whole life through and through an never find another you

well....  here we are at week 12 already!!!  Can't believe that it is almost MAY!!  This week mine and Nicole's word is ROMANTIC!!  Be sure to head over and check out Nicole's shot for this week too.   Now I took hundreds of shots this week of flowers and such trying to capture romantic in a photo....  and in the process I discovered just what the word romantic really means to me!!  You see....  I think that we girls have this whole "romantic" thing all wrong!!  I think that our expectations of romance or something romantic are unattainable...  and therefore we are always left expecting or hoping for more....  just like I was this week with my photo!!!  :)  Trust me on this girls...  Prince Charming might be real but I promise you that someone still has to wash his underwear!!  :)  So to expect otherwise is creating a standard that can never be met... 
So this all got me to thinking about the romantic moments in my life... and I have discovered that they are NOT the staged dramatic moments...  now don't get me wrong those moments are great.... but they are usually not the romantic moments that I remember the most... Romantic to me is that moment....  in a crowded room.... when our eyes meet and I can feel my heart almost burst!!  Romantic is the flower that he picks for me off of the "fruit loop" tree as he pulls up in the driveway...  it is the Coke Icee that he brings me when he runs out to get gas for the lawn mower.... it is the text message that he sends me that simply says "I sure do love you"....  it is him reaching down to hold my hand while we are waiting to check out at the grocery store....  it is a day trip to the beach two weeks after surgery because he KNEW that the beach was my healing place!!!  Simple little romantic moments the FILL MY LIFE!!!  EVERYDAY!!!  So the story behind my shot this week is just another little romantic thing that we do....  for as long as I can remember, everywhere that we go.... we bring back a rock and we write on the bottom of the rock the date and where its from!!!  We have rocks from all over the place (I even have one from Iraq!!) now these rocks would have absolutely no worth or meaning to anyone else....  but to me, each one holds a reminder of a special moment.... a memory.... of the day we biked to Ringing Rock.... the time that we sat on Little Big Top in Gettysburg watching the sunset....  the weekend that we spent hiking the Catskills....  endless memories captured in a glass jar full of romantic little rocks!!!  So I really don't need a Prince Charming.... I don't need Richard Gere to drive up in a limo and rescue me "Pretty Woman" style.... nope.... I just need a guy who will fill my days with endless laughter, unconditional love and simple little romantic moments!!! 

2 comments:

  1. Baby...I will pick up rocks with you forever!!!

    Love you!!!

    Rick

    ReplyDelete

About

My photo
I'm a simple girl, in a complicated sorta way.... love to buy shoes... but hate to wear them!! :) I am drawn to light!!! In life and in my photography.... it fills my soul.... it makes me happy... it takes my breath away!!! So welcome to the world inside my head.... captured one photo at a time!!! :)