..... life is all about perspective!!!! And everyone's perspective is different!!!! That is what I love about photography... It is a reflection of the inner ME!!!! I capture what I see the way that I see it.... and I love how others view the same thing so differently!!!



Sunday, April 3, 2011

.....evening take 2 a lesson in patience..........


sometimes the best things in life are worth the wait.........

So here ya have it....  my original thought!!!  Now those of you that know me know that I am a freak about getting things done and put in their place!  I'm the kind of person who feels like I'm late if I'm not 10 minutes early.... and I have the patience of a 2 year old!!  I'm crazy like that....  I know this about myself.... and those who love me seem to have some special way of overlooking my neurotic behavior!!  :)  The real kicker in all of this is that TODAY is the "post by" day for our weekly shot!  Now I have to tell ya that I was fretful about not being able to "find" a critter for my jar....  THAT was really the whole point of my shot!!!  So for 6 days...  I searched for a bug!!!  The weather sucked....  it was cooler that usual and very windy....  and rainy!  Which apparently are not the best conditions for bug hunting!!  And yes....  all my neighbors are talking about that crazy lady on the corner who is outside looking for bugs in her yard every day!!!  :)  WHATEVER!!  :)  So....  Friday night I decided to just shoot the empty jar.... and that is what I did!  I liked the shot okay.... but hey.... it was missing a BUG!!!  :( 

Soooo.....  on the seventh day.....  God taught me patience!!!!  yep...  it was a beautiful day!!!  We took the dogs for a walk and there were butterflies EVERYWHERE!!!  Heck, Rick even had a ladybug land on him!  :)  (that'll bring ya good luck baby!!!)  Lizards were all over the place....  big fat bee's buzzing around all of the spring blooms!!!  And guess what....  Mrs Impatient here had already posted her shot!!!  Oh well.... I thought.... and I was just gonna leave it at that....  UNTIL.... I was sitting on the back step and a butterfly actually landed on my arm!!!  So, I ran into the house, grabbed my little butterfly net and took off after him!  Took me awhile but I caught him....  just as the sky filled with the fiery orange glow of the sun setting....  and as I took this shot....  all I could think of was this little hymn that I used to sing when I was a little girl....

Those who wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength
They shall mount up with wings like the eagles
They shall run and not be weary
They shall walk and not faint.
Teach me Lord, teach me Lord to wait.

So today I got my shot....  and a reminder of the importance of being patient....  whether I'm waiting on a butterfly or something else in my life..... God's plan is ALWAYS better than mine!!  :)  I just have to slow down and wait to see what He has in store for me!!  :)


5 comments:

  1. Shelly, you are a very special person. I love your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww thanks Ellen!!! You are so sweet!! Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YES! Slow down and see things the way they should be seen! Great post -Rick

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have always had a great writing talent. I remember many of the poems you wrote during your high school years. You have always had the ability to tap into your emotions. I remember the high school play you were in...you did a great job of dusting. LOL I have enjoyed reading your blogs, a reminder of all the talents you posess within. You make me very proud and I love you! Mom

    ReplyDelete

About

My photo
I'm a simple girl, in a complicated sorta way.... love to buy shoes... but hate to wear them!! :) I am drawn to light!!! In life and in my photography.... it fills my soul.... it makes me happy... it takes my breath away!!! So welcome to the world inside my head.... captured one photo at a time!!! :)