..... life is all about perspective!!!! And everyone's perspective is different!!!! That is what I love about photography... It is a reflection of the inner ME!!!! I capture what I see the way that I see it.... and I love how others view the same thing so differently!!!



Thursday, March 17, 2011

....reflection.....


            .................so that others may see You through me........

Week 7....  and the word of the week for Nicole and I is REFLECTION!  Be sure to head over and check out Nicole's interpretation of this word too.  I must admit that this photo was an accident!!  Well, the first shot was... but several purposeful ones followed!!  :)  I was actually trying to capture the steam from my coffee cup....  but instead captured the reflection of the trees....  AWESOME accident!!!  :)  I took tons of other shots of REFLECTION but kept coming back to this one because of the emotion and thought that it evoked in me....  it is soooo interesting to me how I never noticed the REFLECTION of those trees in my coffee cup until I stopped to edit my shots...   made me really think about what kind of REFLECTION others see in me that I don't see in my self....  we all have one....  a REFLECTION that is!!  And it's not just what we see when we look in the mirror!!!  The most important REFLECTION is the one seen by others...  and just like the trees in my coffee cup, WE almost never notice that REFLECTION!  It is the REFLECTION of our heart....  of our true self....  of what we believe in and how we feel...  however, we seem to value that REFLECTION the least...  we allow the negativity of others to affect what is reflected in us!  I struggle daily to let MY reflection show...  and boy is that a tough struggle some days!!!   For as long as I can remember, my prayers have always included.. "that others might see You through me"....  pretty profound that often times my REFLECTION is not of Him, but of my situation, circumstance or surroundings.  I allow others to affect what I reflect!!  :(   So... YEAH for the word REFLECTION!!!!  It has helped me to look at myself....  to focus on what I want others see in me...  and realize just how very important MY reflection is...   :)

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful thoughts, and shot! Good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Stop and smell the coffee" And what an amazing reflection that was always there and not noticed. Excellent picture and thought provoking too.You make me think beyond the coffee!

    ReplyDelete

About

My photo
I'm a simple girl, in a complicated sorta way.... love to buy shoes... but hate to wear them!! :) I am drawn to light!!! In life and in my photography.... it fills my soul.... it makes me happy... it takes my breath away!!! So welcome to the world inside my head.... captured one photo at a time!!! :)