..... life is all about perspective!!!! And everyone's perspective is different!!!! That is what I love about photography... It is a reflection of the inner ME!!!! I capture what I see the way that I see it.... and I love how others view the same thing so differently!!!



Monday, March 21, 2011

....chasing the "super moon".........


I see the moon,
And the moon sees me;
God bless the moon,
And God bless me!

Well, "super moon" Saturday came and went....  we saw the GIANT orange moon that night....  so big it seemed as though you could just reach up and touch it!!!  We ooooh'ed and aaaaah'ed over it....  but no photo's :(  It was a busy day....  But Sunday night was a different story....  I had though all day Sunday about how sad  I was that I didn't get a shot of the "super moon" and how I would be 65 years old before I was ever able to capture such a spectacle again....  HOLY COW!!!  I realized that I should really try to get a shot of that big ol moon!!!  So darkness fell and we were out the door...  camera and tripod in tow!  We live in a rather wooded and low area and the moon was not visible from the house yet, so we jumped in the jeep and took off for clearer and higher ground...  but where the heck was the moon????  There was no moon in sight!!!  The sky was clear as a bell and stars were shining everywhere.... but still no moon!!??  We droving all around trying to find it....  but no moon....  so now what???  "Lets park over in that big parking lot and wait for it to come up", Rick says....   and that is just what we did!!  So there we sat....  in the empty parking lot of a church....  windows rolled down..... warm spring-like breeze blowing through the Jeep....  listening to Journey!!!  I was transported....  to days void of responsibility.....  carefree days spent exploring....  just me and my guy!!!  For a brief moment I was 18 again and I didn't have a care in the world....  But it was getting late....  work tomorrow....  and we should be getting home....  still NO MOON!!!  So we decided to head back home... disappointed!  No photo  :(  As we pulled out of the parking lot and headed up the street....  THERE IT WAS!!!  Big ol fat orange moon!!!  MAGICAL!!!  EXCITING!!!  But we really needed to get out of the city for the perfect shot.... so off we went!  On our "super moon" adventure!!  Just outside of the city we found a little dirt road and a wide open field... great place for a shot of that big ol orange thing!!!  For about an hour we drove to different spots....  trying to get the perfect shot.... did a little off roading, discovered "bunny hill" (heeheehee) and almost did a Thelma and Louise off a GIANT cliff....  and today as I reflect and SMILE thinking about our little adventure.... I realize that last night was about sooooo much more than a  fabulous moon shot....  it was about TIME....  time spent together doing absolutely nothing but PLAYING, LAUGHING and SMILING with the guy that I love most in this world!!!  A guy who is willing to get up off the couch and go moon chasing with me....  who "gets" me and all of my crazy ideas....  I love him with my whole heart!!!  So what started out as a drive down the street to get a shot of a big ol orange moon turned into an adventure and memories that will last me far beyond the next "super moon" photo opportunity....  and I am sure that my guy will be right beside me when I take a photo of that one too!!!

1 comment:

  1. I will be right there with you baby...looking at that big old moon!

    ReplyDelete

About

My photo
I'm a simple girl, in a complicated sorta way.... love to buy shoes... but hate to wear them!! :) I am drawn to light!!! In life and in my photography.... it fills my soul.... it makes me happy... it takes my breath away!!! So welcome to the world inside my head.... captured one photo at a time!!! :)