..... life is all about perspective!!!! And everyone's perspective is different!!!! That is what I love about photography... It is a reflection of the inner ME!!!! I capture what I see the way that I see it.... and I love how others view the same thing so differently!!!



Saturday, October 1, 2011

.........found..............


Memories are the treasures that we keep locked deep within the storehouse of our souls, to keep our hearts warm when we are lonely............

Holy cow..... this week has flown by!!!!  The word for Nicole and I this week is FOUND...  now I had TONS of photo ideas with this word but I kept coming back to this little guy!!  Rick discovered this little treasure a few years ago in the upstairs area of our house.... actually behind a wall... if you can believe that!!!  Let me just give you a little history... about myself.... I am fascinated by OLD things... explains why I live in a hundred year old house huh!!!  But more than that I am fascinated by the "story" that old things tell....  I think about our house and wonder what happened here???   where there grand parties???  was the house filled with children???  oh my.... I wish walls could talk!!!!  So when Rick found this little soldier the first thing I thought was.... HOLY COW that thing looks OLD!!!  and then the wheels in my mind began to turn....  as you can see....  this poor guy has no feet....  so I'm figuring that he was well used!!!  :)   I wonder how this little soldier found his way behind an actual WALL!!???  Must have been a serious game of war going on!!!  :)  I wonder if the kiddo this belonged to lost this guy... or just forgot about him....  and if that kid is still around (all grown up of course) does he remember this guy???  Did he tell his children about the cool metal army men that he used to have???  And by the mere fact that we found this treasure.... I feel some unexplainable connection to the whom ever this little guy might have belonged...  a piece of someones past.... found.... becomes a part of my present!!!  Be sure to head over and check out Nicole's shot for this week too!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About

My photo
I'm a simple girl, in a complicated sorta way.... love to buy shoes... but hate to wear them!! :) I am drawn to light!!! In life and in my photography.... it fills my soul.... it makes me happy... it takes my breath away!!! So welcome to the world inside my head.... captured one photo at a time!!! :)