..... life is all about perspective!!!! And everyone's perspective is different!!!! That is what I love about photography... It is a reflection of the inner ME!!!! I capture what I see the way that I see it.... and I love how others view the same thing so differently!!!



Friday, September 16, 2011

.......broken (record)............


never place blame one others without first searching for fault within yourself........

This weeks word for Nicole and I is broken..... I imagined shots of broken windows.... broken glasses.... broken light bulbs.... but I could not pull my mind away from the broken PEOPLE that are in my life......  sooooo....  with a little bit of symbolism here I go!!!  get ready cause I'm about to jump on a soapbox!!!  :)  Now.... I am a believer that EVERYONE has a story to tell..... we have ALL been through tough times.... tragedy.... had bad days.... even bad years!!!!  We have all been BROKEN!!!  BUT I find that some folks can never really get past any of this!!!  They are stuck....  their lives play over and over and over like a broken record....  They never move beyond their difficulty....  they use their troubles and tragedies as an excuse....  for poor behavior.... for their negative attitude....  never really recognizing that others have their own issues to deal with...  their lives are filled with self pity....  Now I don't mean to be harsh.... but this is just how I see it.....  I really feel that these people don't WANT to move beyond their tragedy....  they have learned to use it as a crutch....  as an excuse to lay blame....  a way to manipulate others and situations to get what they want....  and the broken records in MY life are down right scary!!!  They are master manipulators....  experts at emotional control....  they can cry at the drop of a hat....  when it benefits them!!!   and their passive aggressive behavior can be spotted from a mile away.... by anyone who is paying attention!!!!  I find their self victimizing mindset to be emotionally exhausting.... pathetic....  and I am sad for them.....  sad because it is so obvious that they want to be liked.... loved even....  but they never realize that even their most casual social contacts are quickly put off by their inability to move beyond their issues....  creating a never ending cycle of self pity and blame....   what they fail to recognize is that there really is no blame.... only fault!!!  Now don't get me wrong here....  their tragedy is not their fault....  BUT their behavior beyond their tragedy IS!!!!  HOLY COW!!!  With all of that being said (sorry for being all dark and venty!!!!)....  I am a believer that we are all children of God.... and that all things that happen to us....  the GOOD things and the BAD things..... are by His design....  there is a reason that we suffer tragedy in this life..... I believe that God intends for us to LEARN and move beyond each tragedy.... as better people!!!  And I don't believe that God meant for us to be broken records!!!!  Soooo.....  I will praise Him in the sunshine..... and I will praise Him in the rain!!!  And I will continue to pray for the broken records in my life....  that they might be able to move beyond their rough spot....  and hear the end of the song that God has written for them!!!  Be sure to head over and check out Nicole's shot for this week too!!!!

3 comments:

  1. This is so appropriate!

    Rick

    ReplyDelete
  2. If the world could see things they way my little girl dose it would be a much happier and better place. Very proud of you and always have been. love you. daddy

    ReplyDelete
  3. first of all, i love this photo!

    but secondly, what you wrote... soooooo true and so pertinent to someone in my life who i have had such difficulty with lately. you described her EXACTLY. something bad happened to her. but she continues to use what happened {over thirty years ago} to hurt other people and excuse her poor treatment of those people. it's very sad. and i have wished that people would stand up to her and say exactly what you have said here.

    it is a tough world. but like you said, we all have difficult things to deal with. NO one has it easy. i hope that the person or people you are writing about will find peace somehow, and that they will not affect your life. i know how it is to be affected by people like this... far too well.

    ReplyDelete

About

My photo
I'm a simple girl, in a complicated sorta way.... love to buy shoes... but hate to wear them!! :) I am drawn to light!!! In life and in my photography.... it fills my soul.... it makes me happy... it takes my breath away!!! So welcome to the world inside my head.... captured one photo at a time!!! :)